JOB POSTING: KPIRG Street Team Coordinator
Closing Date: Friday August 22nd, 2014
The Kwantlen Public Interest Research Group (KPIRG) is a student-funded and student-directed resource centre dedicated to social and environmental justice.
KPIRG’s Street Team Coordinator is responsible for promoting KPIRG and its different areas of work, under the guidance of the Director of Campus Life.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Promoting KPIRG and its projects / programming / resources through tabling at all KPU campuses
- Promoting KPIRG and its projects / programming / resources through organizing and delivering classroom talks
- Helping to design and distribute a publicity package for KPIRG’s custom workshop consultancy
- Helping to design and implement a campaign promoting KPIRG’s Community Membership Scheme
- Reception, office coverage and other admin & outreach tasks as required
- Administrative support around event planning with the Director of Volunteer and Events
- Plan and connect with organizations and groups on campus to work on events throughout the summer and fall
- Assist in coordination of logistics for Fall Volunteer Recruitment Drive of KPIRG, including preparing for event coordination for the fall 2014.
- Assist with the summer programming at KPU including monthly workshops, film screenings and events
- Assist volunteer coordinator in process of planning for week long Dis/Orientation for the Fall 2014 Semester
- Assist in coordination of Dis/Orientation Planning Committee – including coordinating meeting times with other student and community organizations
- Research and plan exciting new events to host on and off the KPU campuses
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent communication skills (approachable, friendly, responsive, clear)
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Experience with marketing & publicity campaigns
- Graphic design skills – Adobe Suite (desirable)
- Excellent written skills
- Good computer and email skills
- Organized, resourceful, and self-initiated
- Capacity to be self-directed and work in a collective structure using consensus decision –making
Affirmative Action: KPIRG is an affirmative action employer. Hiring preference shall be given to qualified applicants from groups who face systemic barriers to employment (such as women, Indigenous folks, people of colour, queer folks, trans folks, people with disabilities, etc.). Applicants wanting to be considered under affirmative action should discuss this in their cover letter. We encourage applicants to include other skills and experiences in addition to those outlined above.
What to Send Us: Please submit cover letter and resume for the attention of the Hiring Committee via email to email@example.com. Please put ‘Street Team Coordinator Application’ in the subject heading of the email and include both documents in 1 attached file only.
Deadline for application is Friday August 22nd, 2014 at midnight.
Late applications not accepted. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Interviews will be held on Monday August 25th, 2014
Mail: KPIRG, KPU, Surrey, BC V3W 2M8. Unceded Coast Salish Territories.