Two Immediate Long-Term Volunteer Opportunities Available
The Kwantlen Public Interest Research Group is looking for two dedicated volunteers to work as liaisons between KPIRG and two amazing community organizations. This is a unique opportunity for those who are interested in the non-profit sector as it requires working with two organizations in different capacities.
- Attending community group meetings once a month and reporting back to KPIRG
- The skill to engage and work with others
- Good report writing skills
- The ability to facilitate meetings & take meeting minutes
- Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Opportunity to build leadership skills and collaborate
Benefits of volunteering as a Liaison:
- You get to work with two community organizations on one cohesive level
- Great volunteer opportunity and boosts your resume
- A good way to meet new people in the community
- KPIRG perks!
- Enhances your university experience as a committed volunteer
The PIPE UP Network is made up of residents of Southwestern BC who have come together because of our concerns about the safety, environmental, and financial implications, of shipping tar sands along Kinder Morgan’s Trans Mountain Pipeline, which runs from Edmonton, AB to Burnaby, BC.
Members of the network are dedicated to educating themselves and their communities about the existing pipeline, plans for expansion, and alternatives to tar sands; showing that we have the power to make the needed changes.
Food Action Coalition (F.A.C)
The Food Action Coalition, a collection of passionate agencies, is working on the “Moving Food Policy Forward in Surrey and White Rock” project.
The foundation for this project began with a group meeting including a wide variety of stakeholders in May 2005, and has operated in the community with project funding from the United Way and Fraser Health. We believe that every member of the steering committee has an important contribution to make towards moving food policy forward in our communities
If this opportunity sounds like something you’re interested in or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com
(Please also indicate which organization you wish to liaison with)